Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pinch me...I think I've died and gone to fashion heaven: My trip to Rebecca Taylor

On my recent trip to New York City, I was able to have a very unique opportunity to live one of my dreams and visit one of my favorite designer's studio, Rebecca Taylor. I have always loved Taylor's clothing. Although her direction is always fashion-forward, there is a distinct feminine aspect about her floaty fabrics and precious prints that is timeless. It is impossible to wear her clothes and not feel beautiful, let alone utterly stylish.
In the cab ride over to the studio in the Fashion District, I could barely hold in my excitement. I had been waiting for this since the moment the arrangements had been made for my visit. My mom and I walked through the doors of an unassuming narrow building, took the elevator, and watched as the doors opened into a room bathed in a soft light. I couldn't help myself but turn into a dumb little fan-girl for a few moments as I stood there admiring the space. Every inch of the loft was covered in some pretty little detail, reminding me of a dollhouse. A rack of clothing held the Resort collection nearby. Swirly patterns decorated the walls. Cat images, Taylor's signature logo, were sprinkled everywhere.

We were greeted by Frank Ricci, a sharp and stylish sales executive, who gave us the grand tour of the studio, including rooms filled with bolts of fabric, trims, buttons, bows, and all sorts of crafty materials that eventually are sewn, stitched, or embroidered to become garments. We were taken to a room filled with sketches for upcoming seasons, and I even briefly met Rebecca Taylor herself as she was fleeting down the hallway, and I was immediately taken with how she was so down to earth and did not put on any airs.

My experience at Rebecca Taylor was a delight, the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae which is New York. Thank you to all who had a part in giving me the opportunity to live one of my dreams! Maybe in the future I could be blessed with a career in such a fantasy world...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My relatives every time say that I am killing my time here
at net, however I know I am getting experience all the time
by reading thes nice articles or reviews.

Here is my homepage :: Diet Patch Today