Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love: Roses

Happy Valentines Day! It is the day of cupid, and sadly my dear little series of Love posts has come to a close. Do not fret, because I have plenty of more fun posts coming your way, with different themes to suit the direction of both fashion and beauty trends.

Who doesn't love a beautiful rose? Their sweet smell and delicate petals are reminiscent of an English garden and instantly conjure up thoughts of romance.

Although it is always a pleasure to see a tall glass vase filled with these elegant flowers, why not have the same satisfaction for your lips? Smith's Rosebud Salve is the ultimate chic lip saver that puts all other lip balms to shame. Packaged in a delightfully retro-pharmaceutical blue tin, this sheer pink balm contains soothing rose oils that leave lips hydrated, glossy, and naturally rosy.

Not only is this a prime lip treatment, it does double duty as a skin balm and eyebrow enhancer. On one of my recent time-zone-influenced dry skin emergencies, I dabbed a bit of this salve on the offending area and awoke to significantly more hydrated skin. I also often smooth the smallest bit along the shape of my brow to hold them in place and make my whole face appear more polished.

On the cost effective side, this balm is very inexpensive and lasts surprisingly long. I keep a tin of this around at all times for a refreshing option to traditionally tacky lip glosses.

As the great artist Seal once said "Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose," there will certainly be no competition with a rosy pucker from this balm.

No comments: