Friday, January 12, 2007

animakeup


an·i·me
Pronunciation: 'a-n&-"mA, 'ä-nE-
Function: noun
Etymology: Japanese, animation, short for animEshiyon, from English: a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

Lets get one thing straight. I love anything Japanese. One of my favorite movies is Memoirs of a Geisha. My favorite restaurants are Japanese steakhouses. I get a kick out of packing sushi in my lunchbox for school. I have an unhealthy obsession with Hello Kitty.

And so of course the new Tokidoki for Smashbox Cosmetics Collection made me jump for joy the moment I saw it. Italian artist (how ironic) Simone Legnoan of Tokidoki collaborated with Smashbox to create this unique collection to reflect the spirit of anime. Cartoon anime girls are well recognized for their bright, sparkling eyes and faces that radiate color and youthful vitality. Likewise, the colors in the collection are bright, fun, and playful, like little pieces of candy waiting to be unwrapped. Not only are the colors and packages beautiful, but the quality of Smashbox Cosmetics is very impressive, and is most notably known for making your skin look flawless (especially on camera!!!)

Although I am in love with every one of the products from this collection, even one will take your look to new heights. For a fresh spring look, focus a bit of color on one feature that you want to bring out, and be sure to keep the rest of your look clean and simple.

Refresh your look and get animated this spring!

Tokidoki for Smashbox Cosmetics: ranges from $18 to $45 at http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=3990&contentId=C15712

No comments: